What to bring to Costa Rica
Coming to Costa Rica? Depending on the nature of your vacation
in Costa Rica you should prepare your travel gear and travel accessories lists.
Herein is a general list that we recommend all travelers should have before
coming to Costa Rica
- Passport – do not forget your passport at home. We have had many
cases in which passport were forgotten at home. The airline company will not
allow you to go on your flight without a valid up to date passport. Make sure
your kids have passports. American Green Cards or Social Security Cards are
not accepted as a legal identification document in Costa Rica.
- International driving license or at least your countries driving license.
International driving licenses are accepted in Costa Rica only with a valid
- Waterproof bag or a dry compartment in your backpack or suitcase for passport,
money and other important documents. Click on the following link to get more
information about the waterproof pouches, backpacks and other accessories
we offer in our online travel gear shop.
- Footwear. Whether you are going to bake in the sun the whole day, visit
the rain forest, visit the volcanoes or go on rafting trips, bring a few footwear
options. Comfortable Teva type sandals or hiking shoes for nature walks, flip-flops
for the beach and elegant shoes if you are planning to go out at night to
a restaurant, bar or a disco. You can click on the following link to see the
sandals and flip-flops we offer on our online travel gear shop.
- If you are planning to travel by bus and public transportation, keep in
mind that less equipment you carry the better.
- Sunscreen. Bring your favorite Sunscreen – Costa Rica’s Sun
is very strong and it only takes 15 minutes in the sun to get burned.
- Bring a first aid kit for any light health emergencies that might occur
on the way. For serious health emergencies contact local pharmacies and hospital
for immediate care. Make sure you purchase a Travel Insurance package before
you leave your country, just to be on the sage side. You can click on the
following link to receive more information about the available Travel Insurance
packages we offer via our providers Travel Guard.
- Binoculars for bird watching and animal watching. Highly recommended for
everyone, Costa Rica has an amazing biodiversity and by bringing a pair of
good binoculars you are making sure you will not miss anything. You can click
on the following link to read more about the binoculars that we offer on our
online travel gear shop.
- Rain Ponchos. It rains in Costa Rica, what makes this country so green.
Make sure you purchase a good Rain Poncho, light and comfortable for your
vacation. You can click on the following link to view the rain ponchos we
offer and even buy them online.
- Clothing. Swimming Suite, Light Summer Closing. Most of Costa Rica’s
territory is hot and humid, except in the mountain area. You will need to
have light and comfortable clothes. If you are planning to hike in the jungle
long sleeved bright colored shirt and pants are recommended, this will protect
you from the bugs and mosquitoes. For the beach we recommend on swimming suit
or short pants. Click on the following link to see our offerings in the clothing
department of our specialized online travel gear shop.
- Surf Board and Surf Equipment. It is highly recommended getting your boards
and all surfing accessories a head of time. You do not want to come to Costa
Rica for a vacation and start spending time looking for Surf Boards, Surf
Clothing and accessories. We have created a special Surf Gear section on our
online shop, there you can see the available boards we offer, clothing and
- Cash / Credit Cards / Traveler’s Checks. According to your expense
levels, bring always more than less….For any emergency you will be able
to get money around Costa Rica via the local banks, ATM machines and Western
Union. Divide your cash into hard cash and travelers checks, bring at least
one major credit card with you, Visa or Master Card, both are accepted in
many hotels, car rental companies and small businesses around Costa Rica.
For more information on Costa Rica’s banks click on the following
- Waterproof watch. As it rains a lot make sure your watch is waterproof.
Click on the following link to see the available heavy duty special travel
watches we offer on our online shop.
- Good Camera – You do not want to miss those special moments with
your family and loved once going down high Zip-lines on your Canopy Tour,
Rafting down Costa Rica Rivers, or just catching a perfect wave. You can click
on the following link to see the available cameras we offer on our online
- Sunglasses. Although it rains a lot, Costa Rica has lots of sun, and eye
protection is highly recommended. Click on the following link to see our sunglasses
inventory, choose from our best brand list.
- Books about Costa Rica. It is always recommended to have a travel book
handy. To learn about Costa Rica’s fauna and flora, travel information,
restaurants, hotels and other useful information we recommend on the following
· Good Humor! – don’t forget to bring a big chunk of patience
and good humor. Traveling in Costa Rica is not always easy and smooth, we
know that, and we been through it, with a little bit of patience and endurance
we are sure your trip in Costa Rica will be a successful one. We are here
to help you out, with any question or problem, contact us and we will do our
best to give you support if needed.
back to previous page
- back to main information page
not hesitate to call us, it will be a pleasure serving
Costa Rica Time